Branding (White labeling)
Business users have now 2 new options on Branding page (Settings tab of website interface):
a) Drive name
Users can rename their drive to a different name than OpenDrive. New name will be changed on OpenDrive website instantly.
Mac app (from version 1.0.10) will change drive name after re-login.
Windows application has an option to rename its drive name through Windows explorer. However, new upcoming version will display custom drive name after user logs in.
Each business user can map his own domain to OpenDrive. You can share all your files by using your domain, logo and colors.
File link http://storage.geenian.com/files?56682677_eycOk,
Direct link http://storage.geenian.com/files/56682677_eycOk/Desert.jpg
Furthermore, when your account users open mapped domain, they are forwarded directly to Login page with your company logo and colors.
For instance, your company can use domain filestorage.mycompany.com instead of www.opendrive.com to access your account. (You can see example if you go to storage.geenian.com).
Domain mapping requires changing CNAME DNS record for your existing domain to www.opendrive.com.
Changing your CNAME record
Depending on your domain registrar, you may need to make changes to your CNAME record in order for your site to be mapped:
- Sign in to the site where you control your own site with custom URL.
- Navigate to your Domain Name Server (DNS) management page. The location and name of this page varies by host, but can generally be found in the Domain Management or Advanced Settings section.
- Find the CNAME settings and in the section ‘CNAME value or alias,’ enter the sub-domain you’d like to map the URL to. The sub-domain for www.example.com would be www.
- Set the CNAME destination to the following address: www.opendrive.com
- Save your changes with your domain host.
More about changing your URL
- Mappings are restricted to sub-domain level only, such as www.example.com, files.example.com, or storage.example.com. You can’t map your domain to what is known as a naked domain, such as http://example.com.
- Mapped domain does not support SSL secured connection. HTTPs connection requires your SSL certificate installed on our servers and you need to provide us with your SSL certificate. Installation of SSL certificate to our servers can be provided for additional fee ($10/month or $100/year).